So, you’re considering implementing JD Edwards as your ERP?
Great choice! Oracle’s investment in the JDE product line has cemented JD Edwards as a leader in the ERP space.
JD Edwards software has been a longstanding, dependable platform with loyal users. For decades, JDE Software has been used around the globe on businesses of every size and configuration. With the most current version, JDE EnterpriseOne (E1), Oracle delivers a software platform that offers more choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business requirements. JD Edwards delivers over 80 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes and key industry solutions, including Distribution, Retail, Mining and Logistics, Manufacturing and Financials.
Let’s get you where you need to go. Are you:
“JD Edwards…is something we are going to continue to invest in … that’s a very strategic product line for us.” Larry Ellison, Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Office – Oracle Corporation
- Name the Executive Sponsor of the JD Edwards Implementation project and determine the key stakeholders.
- Publish the scope of the project along with the changed management process.
- Determine the measurements of success for the project and set Key Performance Indicators.
- Determine both ideal and problematic times for the project to deploy.
- Review your modifications and determine which are critical and which are not.
- Consider the risks associated with the project as well as risk avoidance strategies and contingency plans.
- Start cleaning up the old system.
- Think about the Education Strategy for the new processes and systems.
- Consider how to work best with the consulting partner and work with them to set the Implementation Strategy.
- Plan for 12 months after deployment.
Check out some recent JD Edwards Blogs:
How to Choose the Right JD Edwards Consultant
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Balser) on April 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm
When an organization is implementing a JD Edwards or other ERP project, it can be incredibly difficult. You know that the new systems or processes […]
How to Screw Up Your JD Edwards Project
by Bill Onion on March 28, 2018 at 2:30 pm
A recent JD Edwards project we worked on had all of the classic indicators of a project that was not on the right track. While these red […]
Just Say No to Custom Coding Your Site
by Bill Onion on February 28, 2018 at 3:30 pm
In this day and age and with many prepackaged technologies available, you would think that a custom-built site or software would be a rarity. While […]
Benefits of Integrating Magento with your JD Edwards Environment
by Bill Onion on February 14, 2018 at 3:30 pm
When it comes to leveraging eCommerce alongside your JD Edwards environment, there are generally two options: utilize an ERP extension or integrate […]
Recovering from a Failed JD Edwards Implementation
by Bill Onion on February 7, 2018 at 3:30 pm
With our team’s years of experience with JD Edwards, we’ve seen it all: incredibly outdated systems that need to be brought up to date, […]