So, you’re considering implementing JD Edwards as your ERP?
Great choice! Oracle’s investment in the JDE product line has cemented JD Edwards as a leader in the ERP space.
JD Edwards software has been a longstanding, dependable platform with loyal users. For decades, JDE Software has been used around the globe on businesses of every size and configuration. With the most current version, JDE EnterpriseOne (E1), Oracle delivers a software platform that offers more choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business requirements. JD Edwards delivers over 80 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes and key industry solutions, including Distribution, Retail, Mining and Logistics, Manufacturing and Financials.
Let’s get you where you need to go. Are you:
“JD Edwards…is something we are going to continue to invest in … that’s a very strategic product line for us.” Larry Ellison, Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Office – Oracle Corporation
- Name the Executive Sponsor of the JD Edwards Implementation project and determine the key stakeholders.
- Publish the scope of the project along with the changed management process.
- Determine the measurements of success for the project and set Key Performance Indicators.
- Determine both ideal and problematic times for the project to deploy.
- Review your modifications and determine which are critical and which are not.
- Consider the risks associated with the project as well as risk avoidance strategies and contingency plans.
- Start cleaning up the old system.
- Think about the Education Strategy for the new processes and systems.
- Consider how to work best with the consulting partner and work with them to set the Implementation Strategy.
- Plan for 12 months after deployment.
Check out some recent JD Edwards Blogs:
6 Reasons to Upgrade to JD Edwards World A9.4
by Bill Onion on November 6, 2017 at 3:30 pm
Oracle recently announced an updated support timeline for JD Edwards World A9.4, revealing that Premier Support is effective through at least April […]
How to Have a Successful ERP Implementation
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Balser) on October 16, 2017 at 2:30 pm
There are so many variables involved in an ERP implementation that it can feel like a daunting task to undertake. But no matter which platform […]
JD Edwards User Group Event 2017
by Hannah Gierosky on September 27, 2017 at 2:30 pm
We were thrilled to once again host our annual JD Edwards User Group Event along with Mike Stahl from Oracle. We love to use this opportunity to […]
Balancing Simultaneous IBM i and JDE World Upgrades
by Hannah Gierosky on August 21, 2017 at 2:30 pm
As you should know by now, IBM i 7.1 end of life is fast approaching, which means trouble not just for IBM i users, but those users who are also […]
3 Risks of Not Maintaining Oracle JD Edwards Support
by email@example.com (Dave Balser) on July 10, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Software maintenance and support is a critical topic for JD Edwards World customers. Oracle estimates that 46% of World customers are still on A7.3 […]