So, you’re considering implementing JD Edwards as your ERP?
Great choice! Oracle’s investment in the JDE product line has cemented JD Edwards as a leader in the ERP space.
JD Edwards software has been a longstanding, dependable platform with loyal users. For decades, JDE Software has been used around the globe on businesses of every size and configuration. With the most current version, JDE EnterpriseOne (E1), Oracle delivers a software platform that offers more choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business requirements. JD Edwards delivers over 80 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes and key industry solutions, including Distribution, Retail, Mining and Logistics, Manufacturing and Financials.
Let’s get you where you need to go. Are you:
“JD Edwards…is something we are going to continue to invest in … that’s a very strategic product line for us.” Larry Ellison, Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Office – Oracle Corporation
- Name the Executive Sponsor of the JD Edwards Implementation project and determine the key stakeholders.
- Publish the scope of the project along with the changed management process.
- Determine the measurements of success for the project and set Key Performance Indicators.
- Determine both ideal and problematic times for the project to deploy.
- Review your modifications and determine which are critical and which are not.
- Consider the risks associated with the project as well as risk avoidance strategies and contingency plans.
- Start cleaning up the old system.
- Think about the Education Strategy for the new processes and systems.
- Consider how to work best with the consulting partner and work with them to set the Implementation Strategy.
- Plan for 12 months after deployment.
Check out some recent JD Edwards Blogs:
- How to Choose a JD Edwards PartnerPosted by email@example.com (Hannah Gierosky) on August 12, 2015 at 3:00 pm
So, you have decided on JD Edwards for your ERP platform. Congratulations! You have made one of the first major decisions of the project and you have […]
- Do I Need a Full Warehouse Manufacturing System?Posted by RF-SMART on August 10, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Oracle JD Edwards is a robust ERP with lots of functionality and modules to meet your business needs. If you’re considering implementing JDE or […]
- Best Practices for Moving Your ERP to the CloudPosted by Mitchel Kocian on July 22, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Thanks to the new updates released by JDE last December, ERP systems have caught up to the modern age. Perhaps due to this, businesses are moving […]
- Best of the Blogosphere: JulyPosted by firstname.lastname@example.org (Hannah Gierosky) on July 10, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Sometimes we come across a blog that is so good that we just have to share it. We will highlight a few of our favorites each month here on the blog, […]
- Lowering TCO for JDE CustomersPosted by Andy Klee on June 30, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is a common yardstick that clients (and prospective clients) use to measure success of their JD Edwards […]