Installing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne will help advance and streamline your business
With the most current version of JDE EnterpriseOne, Oracle delivers a software platform that offers more choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business requirements. JD Edwards delivers over 80 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes. Discover the ways that a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne installation will help your business reach its potential.
7 Key reasons to implement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Modern and Elegant user experience and browser-based UI that simplifies tasks for business users.
- Flexible architecture that allows the system to run on the hardware stack of choice, Linux/AIX, Windows or IBM i
- Complete set of systems and tools that are tailored to the specific business needs of various industries.
- Powerful reporting and analytics via the One View system which provide more control to business users.
- Robust set of Mobile apps, Mobile Application Framework (MAF) that have already been delivered with more on the way to increase productivity.
- Native applications on tablet allow for greater freedom of movement and performance flexibility.
- Open Architecture (Business Services) that allows easy integration with 3rd party systems.
JDE EnterpriseOne provides real business value by delivering:
- Rapid time-to-value that results in a faster ROI.
- Low total cost of ownership that saves your organization money.
- A flexible configuration that does not rely heavily on customization, thereby reducing initial and ongoing system costs.
- Product scalability that supports future company growth.
- Technology choices that fit your IT infrastructure – you pick your platform.
- Ability to rapidly add capabilities with packaged integrations to best-in-class applications to enhance business user experience.
- Assign an internal resource as the only project manager
- Build a Team with Broad and Complementary Skills
- Identify Oracle Resources to utilize
- Define Your Plan of Action as a Formal Company Project
- Prepare the Organization for the change- communicate, communicate, communicate
Potential Risk: Not explaining what a new system means to users before starting the project
- Decide on an Appropriate Change Management Strategy
- Agree on when to Change or Add Business Processes
- Outline Your Issues Management Strategy/Process
- Plan database size and network configuration (E1 deployment)
- Identify which upgrade tools you will be utilizing (upgrade only)
- Ensure the Quality of Your Data
- Identify possible Project Risks and Develop Contingency Plans
- Prepare Your Technical Environment
- Implement the Most Current JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release and Patches
- Test with a Copy of the Production Database
- Train end users as well as technical users
- Utilize functional end users to compete testing
- Utilize GO Live checklist
Check out some of our favorite JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Blogs:
Integrating Magento and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
by Bill Onion on May 10, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Integrating your Magento eCommerce site with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne can be an overwhelming project, but the outcome is well worth the effort. A […]
Announcing JD Edwards UX One
by Hannah Gierosky on December 28, 2016 at 3:30 pm
JD Edwards recently announced a new product release that aims to “empower customers on their journey to becoming digital enterprises.” Among the […]
Magento and ERP Integration Successes
by Gian Genovesi on November 9, 2016 at 3:30 pm
We are proud to announce two recent ERP and Magento eCommerce integration projects that are under way. Read the premise of each solution […]
Guidelines for a New JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Install
by Teri Fall on May 16, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Once you have made the decision to implement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne as your ERP system, there are a number of decisions that need to be made and […]
JD Edwards Internet of Things Orchestrator
by email@example.com (Dave Balser) on March 30, 2016 at 1:58 pm
One of the new JD Edwards EnterpriseOne features that was discussed at both this year’s Partner Summit and our own user group is the Internet of […]
“Organizations across all industries are having to face the challenging business requirements of today’s fast-paced world that demands the ability to make decisions quickly — whether in the office or in the field… these latest innovations help customers build on our long-standing commitment to maximize our customers’ technology investments by delivering an integrated, standards-based portfolio of innovative applications that can help accelerate business execution, reduce costs, and drive business value.” Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle’s JD Edwards.